ODOT DBE Certification in Ohio
With the Ohio Department of Transportation
The Ohio Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program is now under the Division of Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. The Ohio DOT-DBE program acts as a vessel to ensure nondiscriminatory practices are used with DOT-assisted contracts. This certification serves to help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT contracts. The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program assists in the development of firms that are able to compete in the marketplace outside of the DBE program.
Why Get DOT Certified in Ohio
Many companies seek to pursue DOT Certification in Ohio in an effort to reach diverse suppliers and buyers. Large corporations have streamlined their diversity initiatives to increase sourcing efforts for diverse suppliers. When a company receives DOT MBE Certification in Ohio, they are entering into a symbolic relationship after a thorough vetting process to ensure they are in fact owned and operated by a member of a disadvantaged segment within our market.
How to Get DOT DBE Certification in Ohio
If your business is based in Ohio, please complete the steps below to apply for DBE certification.
- Download the Uniform Certification Application and the Personal Net Worth Statement.
- Open the downloaded application, fill it out (and save it), and gather your supporting documents, including the Personal Net Worth Statement.
- Download the NAICS Code/Descriptor Request Form.
- Open the downloaded form, fill it out (and save it), and gather your supporting documents.
- Combine, into one file, the supporting documents for your Uniform Certification Application and your completed NAICS Code/Descriptor Request Form along with its supporting documents.
- Click the Submit Online button below to open the Certification Application Attachment form.
- Complete the Certification Application Attachment form, uploading your completed Uniform Certification Application and your supporting documents file, and following the steps shown to electronically sign and submit the form.
- Be sure to save a copy of everything you submitted for your files.
Ohio DOT DBE Eligibility Requirements
- Disadvantaged individuals must be a U.S. citizen (or permanent resident alien)
- A member of a socially or economically disadvantaged group including women, African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Subcontinent Asian-Pacific Americans, or other minorities; those with disabilities may also be eligible
- A firm (including its affiliates) must not have annual gross receipts over $22.41 million in the previous three (3) fiscal years
- Only disadvantaged persons having a personal net worth (PNW) of less than $1.32 million will be considered